Get the Look – Smokey Eye Tutorial
Whenever you meet someone, the eyes are the first thing you notice about them.
Smokey eye is so easy and can be created with any eye colour and can be as dark or light as you wish.
Smokey eye suits everyone, so with the party season upon us make the most of your eyes and make an impact this party season.
To achieve the Smokey Eye look, you will need the following:
- 3 colours of the same or similar tones
- A lighter white / cream to highlight brow and add a sparkle to the eyes.
- A Kohl or eyeliner pencil in a complimenting shade
- Blending brush
As an example, take purple, grey and pink shadow which looks fab on blue/grey eyes with a dark grey or black eyeliner.
- Start by applying an eye primer to give the colour durability.
- Apply your lightest shade (pink) across your lid within the eye socket and then blend with a blending brush.
- Apply the white/cream (preferably with a shimmer to the inner corner of the eye and across the brow bone) and blend with the blending brush using circular movements.
- Apply the grey on the outer eye within the eye socket running along the upper lash line and sweeping out at the sides.
- Blend with the blending brush using circular movements gradually sweeping across the socket of the eye.
- For foolproof smokey eye try working the darker shadow using a narrow brush along the lid line and blend with the brush or cotton bud. This makes a softer base for the eyeliner.
- Apply the eyeliner lightly along the lash line top and bottom lashes and smudge with a damp cotton bud or eyeliner smudger. Apply more if required and build it up sweeping out and up on the outer corners.
- Apply mascara top and bottom to finish your look and voila you have easy peasy smokey eyes!