What is Dermaplaning ?
Dermaplaning is the latest must have facial treatment here at Studio 8 !
It is performed under sterile conditions and is a form of physical exfoliation procedure that uses a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface.
The treatment removes the dead skin cells that are sitting and often clogging the top layer of the skin (the epidermis) in addition to the fine, vellus hair otherwise known as peach fuzz.
It is a great alternative treatment to microdermabrasion but also has the added benefit of removing the soft hairs on the face which microdermabrasion does not do.
The result ?
Your skin feels super smooth, soft & glowing & you will get the best out of your skincare products. Treatments from £85 – £129 ( please check our online booking for treatment options)
Benefits of Dermaplaning include:
- Removes dead skin cell debris to allow better & deeper product absorption.
- You need less skin care product which means your products last longer.
- Removes soft facial hair or peach fuzz that can trap dirt and oils.
- Creates a smoother skin surface.
- Reduces the appearance of acne scarring.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Great for general skin health.
- Suitable for most skin types.
Despite using a scalpel the treatment is a very safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peach fuzz”.
Our Dermaplaning treatments are designed as a combined treatment. This includes quality skincare products for the best results whilst delivering a relaxing treatment:
- Skin peel.
- Treatment mask.
- Dermal layering.