Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
All of us have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It has been a difficult time for everyone, including both individual and small and large businesses. It is highly likely that the impact of COVID-19 will impact many of us for the next 12 – 18 months, and life will take some time to return to normal.
Our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and before re-opening the salon in July, we had implemented several changes. During the time the salon has been shut, we have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, the UK trade body for our industry. We have since made many changes in the way that we operate that you will notice when you next visit.
- Online booking via our website or our Studio 8 Beauty Book & Page App is open 24/7.
- Telephone Bookings are available by contacting the salon 02392380692 during working hours. When we are closed, online booking is available.
- During local and national lockdowns online & Salon app bookings will be available only.
If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 please advise us as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO THE SALON FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. We have amended our booking terms and conditions, and you will not be charged for any appointments which you miss due to COVID-19 related illness.
If you need to cancel for any other reason, the standard 24-hour cancellation policy applies and a no show or late cancellation fee will apply. Please click her for further details.
Please remember that by booking with us you are asking us to reserve time exclusively for your use.
Operating a business in the hair & beauty industry under COVID-19 restrictions is now very difficult. To ensure that we can continue to be there to serve you in the future, we must fill our staff’s time with clients that attend their appointments.
We try to be as understanding as possible but please be considerate when booking, cancelling and rescheduling appointments by giving us as much notice as possible so we can refill your cancelled time. This ensures that our staff are utilised and viable as employees.
If any of our staff feel ill or have symptoms of COVlD-19
Staff will be instructed to self-isolate immediately and not come into the salon. This may mean that we have to cancel your appointment at short notice. We appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your safety. If your appointment needs to be cancelled, you will be able to rebook. Any prepayments will be carried over to a future booking or refunded.
Visiting the Salon
Arriving for Appointments
Our seated reception area has now been reduced to allow for social distancing, and we are managing arrivals to prevent a queue at reception. The door is locked to avoid queues. If you arrive and there are clients at the desk checking in, please wait outside the door until reception area clears then enter.
We kindly ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients. Your therapist will be ready to meet and greet you when you arrive.
Please note that visits are by appointment only as we are not permitted to allow walk-in clients. If you need to attend for a patch test, please book online or by calling the salon to arrange a suitable time.
Please attend your appointment on time. We understand that life happens and it can delay you getting to us on time. However, with COVID-19, it is even more critical that we must keep to time as it can mean that you flow through the salon overlaps with other clients.
If you are running late, please let us know asap. Where possible we can adapt your appointment in your remaining booked time. Unfortunately, we are unable to run late for other clients so if you arrive late and we are unable to accommodate your appointment we will reschedule you to another date. Please note that there will be a charge for your reserved time as we will be unable to utilise it for another client.
- We have established a one-way flow through the salon to reduce your contact with other clients during your visit.
- Please respect the social distancing rules with other clients and staff members where possible.
- We are happy to book future appointments at reception subject to there not being a queue at reception. If there is a queue, we will take your details and give you a callback.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the salon, ensuring that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client. Paper towels are available in the toilet facilities.
- Regular cleaning of the open areas is in operation, and we are utilising fogging equipment similar to ones used in dental and medical settings in rooms and these areas.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- Wherever possible, we will utilise environmentally, friendly, single-use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after use to protect you from cross-infection.
- Products have been specially selected to minimise and have zero effect on our environmental impact.
- Our staff will use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and treatment. PPE includes face masks and goggle/ visors/safety glasses as mandatory and disposable gloves/facemasks/aprons where appropriate.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed from the treatment area between each client and taken to the main rubbish disposal area on site every day and are not stored in the salon.
- Laundering of salon towels and uniforms is a priority we can assure you that all salon laundry is washed at 60 degrees C after each client contact and where appropriate the use of towels is minimised by the use of disposable & sustainable bamboo towels.
Face Masks & Hand Sanitiser
- Facemasks must be worn at all times in the salon unless it is deemed appropriate to remove for your appointment. If you forget your face mask, we have a free supply available for clients.
- You will have access to hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the salon.
We have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments, and we are confident that we can continue to provide these safely.
During your treatment
Our staff understand the importance of hand hygiene, and we will ensure that we wash our hands in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment.
We will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments, please let us know, and we will do what we can to satisfy you.
After the treatment
To avoid handling of cash, we would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card, apple pay contactless or in advance using bank transfers.
All of these procedures have been implemented for both the safety of our clients and staff.
We will continue to take advice from the Government and our professional bodies regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Studio 8 Beauty Team