Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
All of us have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and looking forward to putting it behind us. The government legal requirements to stay at home and testing is now removed but it is highly likely that the impact of COVID-19 will continue to impact many of us for a while longer.
With that in mind, we want to ensure anyone visiting us that our upmost priority is to keep all clients & staff as safe as possible. As a beauty & aesthetics business we aspire to high standards of hygiene within the salon our mission is to continue with a number of hygiene controls introduced during and post pandemic that we feel helps prevent other everyday illnesses in addition to COVID-19.
- Online booking via our website or our “Studio 8 Beauty Book & Pay” App is open 24/7.
- Telephone Bookings are available by contacting the salon 02392380692. An automated phone to text service is now available by selecting option 1 or select option 2 if you would like to speak to reception or leave a message.
- When we are closed, online booking is available & voicemail messages will be picked up the next working day.
If you feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 please advise us as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO THE SALON FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. You will not be charged for any appointments which you miss due to genuine illness.
If you need to cancel for any other reason, the standard 24-hour cancellation policy applies and a no show or late cancellation fee will apply. Please click her for further details.
Please remember that by booking with us you are asking us to reserve time exclusively for your use and it is not easy to fill the therapists time again at short notice and it does impact them financially as well as the business.
We try to be as understanding as possible but please be considerate when booking, cancelling and rescheduling appointments by being sure you can commit to the booked time and by giving us as much notice as possible so we can refill your cancelled time. This ensures that our staff are utilised and remain viable as employees.
If any of our staff feel generally ill or have symptoms of COVlD-19
Staff have been instructed not come to work & to stay at home. This may mean that we have to cancel your appointment at short notice. We appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your safety and to protect our other staff. The pandemic has taught us that we do get ill and it is wiser to stay at home to recover & protect others. If your appointment needs to be cancelled, you will be able to rebook. Any prepayments will be carried over to a future booking or refunded.
Visiting the Salon
Arriving for Appointments
Our seated reception area is limited at the best of times so we kindly ask that you do not bring others to your appointment unless they are also having treatments or are your carer. If you arrive and there are clients at the desk checking in, please feel free to enter.
We kindly ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments. Your therapist will be ready to meet and greet you when you arrive at your appointment time.
Walk-in appointments are available but we recommend booking ahead via our online booking or by calling the salon to avoid disappointment or in case the door is locked due to reduced reception cover.
If you would like to pop in to collect products; our retail area is now available for walk in clients. Alternatively, you may call ahead so we can put your products by for you or you can also order online for click and collect or home delivery.
If you need to attend for a patch test, please book online or by calling the salon to arrange a suitable time. This ensures that reception is open and that staff are available to do the test for you for a quick visit
Please attend your appointment on time. We understand that life happens and it can delay you getting to us on time.
If you are running late, please let us know asap. Where possible we can adapt your appointment in your remaining booked time. Unfortunately, we are unable to run late for other clients so if you arrive late and we are unable to accommodate your appointment we will reschedule you to another date. Please note that there will be a charge for your reserved time as we will be unable to utilise it for another client.
- We have now removed the one-way flow through the salon.
- We are happy to book future appointments at reception
- We now operate Zenoti GO. This is a self check in and self check out system feature on our Studio 8 Book & Pay App ( available in Apple Store & Google play). You can check in from the parking area or coffee shop next door and walk out at your end of your treatment. No need to wait in the queue to pay.
- Regular cleaning is carried out to ensure that the common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between clients. Paper towels are available in the toilet facilities.
- Regular cleaning of the open areas is in operation. We continue to utilise fogging equipment at regular intervals.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- Wherever possible, we will utilise environmentally, friendly, single-use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after use to protect you from cross-infection.
- Products have been specially selected to minimise and have zero effect on our environmental impact.
- Our staff will use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and treatment where deemed appropriate as per standard practice for many of our treatments. PPE includes disposable gloves/facemasks/aprons.
- Screens remain in place for manicures stations and the reception desk.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed from the treatment area between each client and taken to the main rubbish disposal area on site every day and are not stored in the salon. This is standard practice.
- Laundering of salon towels and uniforms is a priority we can assure you that all salon laundry is washed in line with recommended guidance after each client contact and where appropriate the use of towels is minimised by the use of disposable & sustainable towels.
Face Masks & Hand Sanitiser
- Face masks are now optional in the salon for staff & clients although our staff have opted to wear masks for certain treatments.
- If you forget your face mask and would like one, we have a free supply available for clients. If you would prefer to wear a mask the therapist will offer to wear one too, however, if the therapist is wearing a mask you do not need to do the same.
- You will have access to hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the salon & throughout the salon. Please help yourself.
We have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments, and we are confident that we can continue to provide these safely.
During your treatment
Our staff understand the importance of hand hygiene, and we will ensure that we wash our hands and/or sanitise in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment and at the end of the treatment. This is standard working practice.
We will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments, please let us know, and we will do what we can to assist.
After the treatment & Payments
We are happy to handle cash for tips and payment of treatments. You can also pay for your treatment by card, apple pay & contactless as well as our NEW Zenoti GO self check in and check out.
All of these procedures have been implemented for both the safety of our clients and staff.
We will continue to take advice from the Government and our professional bodies regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Studio 8 Beauty Team